How does Plus! Card on Google Pay work and what are the benefits?
Plus! Card on Google Pay is a new service provded by the Plus! Rewards Programme and Google where Plus! Members will be able to add their Plus! Card into their Google Pay App.
With your Plus! Card on Google Pay, you now have the flexibility and convenience of holding your phone near a contactless terminal to earn/redeem LinkPoints without the need for the physical card.
How to setup?
Google Pay works on AndroidTM devices running 4.4 or higher. To add Plus! Cards for easy earning and redemption of LinkPoints on Google Pay and/or use Google Pay for in store payments, ensure that your device supports Near Field Communication (NFC) and Host Card Emulation (HCE) functions and that you have the Google Pay app downloaded onto your device. You can make in app or online payments with Google Pay even if your device does not have NFC capabilities.
To download the Google Pay app or check if your device is compatible with Google Pay, visit the Google Play store.
Simply follow the steps below to get started:
- Login/Register to your Plus! Account
- Click on the "Google Pay" tab in the menu bar on top
- Click on the "Google Pay" button (if you are not signed into your Google Account, you will be asked to sign in) and you will be walked through the steps to set it up
- You Plus! Card will be saved to your Google Account
- If you have Google Pay already installed, you will be able to view the Plus! Card in your Google Pay App:
- If you have the Google Pay but it is not configured, you will be walked through the steps to set it up
- If you do not have the Google Pay App installed, you will be prompted to download it from the Google Play store
How does it work?
With your Plus! Card saved to Google Pay, it takes 3 simple steps to earn/redeem LinkPoints and make payment via Google Pay on your phone!
- Unlock Phone
- Simply unlock your phone from its locked status.
- You do not need to open the app!
- Earn/Redeem LinkPoints with phone
- Hold your phone near a contactless reader to earn/redeem LinkPoints.
- Proceed with payment of choice
- To breeze through checkout, simply hold your phone near the contactless reader a second time to pay via the Google Pay.
You will see a tick mark on the screen and your device will subtly vibrate and emit a soft tone to indicate successful earning/redemption of LinkPoints and payment.
If you are still unable to add your Plus! Card to Google Pay, please contact our Customer Service team via plus.com.sg or call us on 6223 5225.
Who is eligible?
All Plus! Members with a valid Plus! Membership can add their Plus! Card to their Google Pay. Please note that supplementary Plus! Visa Cardholders are not eligible to add their Plus! Card to Google Pay unless they have an existing Plus! Membership.
Can I add my Plus! Card to multiple Google Accounts?
You can add your Plus! Card to multiple Google Accounts via your Plus! Account under the Google Pay button.
Is there any difference in earning and redeeming of LinkPoints via my Plus! Card on Google Pay?
There is no difference between the physical card and the Plus! Card on Google Pay in the way you can earn and redeem your LinkPoints at Plus! Partners. Do take note that each Plus! Partner’s LinkPoints issuance varies; please refer to the set of terms and conditions on each partner’s page for more information.